“The Beer Bible” book signing w/ the author, Decatur Friday November 6th
Friday, November 6th we’re going to welcome author Jeff Alworth and A Capella Books in Little Five Points into our Decatur store from 5-7pm for a book signing event. Jeff has written the definitive style-by-style guide on our beloved beverage and his knowledge alone could fill a 30bbl fermentation tank!
About the Author
Jeff Alworth has been writing about beer for more than 15 years. He is the author of The Beer Tasting Toolkit, and has also written for Draft Magazine,All About Beer, Sunset, The Oregonian, and other publications, as well as his popular site, Beervana. He lives in Portland, Oregon, in the heart of the world’s craft beer belt, the Pacific Northwest.
THE BEER BIBLE: The Essential Beer Lover’s Guide (Workman, August 2015) by Jeff Alworth spans the globe from Germany to America, Japan to Scotland and is a celebration of culture as much as it is a celebration of beer. At over 700 pages, chapters deliver:
· The four families – ales, lagers, wheat beers, and tart and wild ales – each with further flavor profiles such as IPAs, lambics, and pilsners and a recommended list of beers to know
· History, geography, ingredients, beer substyles and tasting notes
· A helpful “if you like X, try Y” feature
· Infographics that teach the essential beer know how, like appropriate glassware for each family, how to read a label, how to say cheers is various countries, or how to pour the perfect pint
· Tips on tasting and brewing methods
· A primer on food pairings
· “Beercations” every beer lover should take, including beer festivals around the world
· The best pub games
Universally beloved, beer is the most widely consumed alcoholic beverage on the planet. It’s brewed in nearly every corner of the globe, both on a large and small scale, both industrially and at home, and it has been made in some form or another since the dawn of civilization. And now there’s a guide to help you navigate it all!